Monday, February 15, 2010

Thing 9- love at first sight

I love Flickr!  I never was into scrapbooking.  I just don't think I have the patience or creativity to plan pages and organize photos and add decorations and write comments.  But with Flickr, I feel like I am doing that to a lesser degree.  I love being able to apply different effects to the photos, which enables me to make the photos I take more personalized for others.  Being able to pick and choose which photos to make public and who can see them gives me a sense of comfort while using the world wide web.

This is a very handy tool for people like me who like to take photos, but don't know what to do with them.  I have a number of full memory cards just dumped in a drawer and now I can actually put the photos to good use.  Using Flickr could be a great output for school projects as well.  I would much prefer to see a student submit a project created from Flickr using their own photos than always using google images.  Using Flickr in an assignment would actually give the students much more freedom and creativity than when they limit themselves to what they find on the internet.  And they wouldn't have to cite their own images.  Flickr is looking better and better!  

1 comment:

  1. You hit on something that I would like to see all students more toward, using their own photos when possible. Even if students searched Flickr for images I think they might get a better quality of image.

    ReplyDelete