Friday, February 5, 2010

Thing 4- dipping my toes

Being a new blogger, I am still getting used to the whole idea of reading and commenting on other blogs and having people comment on mine.  I feel a little like my students when I ask them to do some peer revision.  I am uncomfortable commenting other than to say "I agree" or "I hadn't looked at it that way"; to openly disagree with someone is treacherous ground right now.  I think I need to ease into the commenting role of blogging.  I will dip my toes, wade into the pool and get a feel for it instead of just diving in.

As I read different blogs, I noticed that I felt less like I was sneaking a peek at their diary and more like I was having a conversation in my mind.  I assume posting comments is the next step and will feel more comfortable over time.  When I received my first comment I was excited.  I couldn't wait to see what someone else had thought about my ramblings.  And I thoroughly love reading other people's comments on other blogs.  It is kind of like going to the mall and people-watching.  It can be very revealing or just plain entertaining.  I suppose I too will soon become a frequent participant in the show.

1 comment:

  1. You have an exceptional way of describing your feelings and reactions to what your are doing in this project. When I read what you write I feel a kinship...I feel the same way. There is one difference. I have no problem letting people know that I do not agree with them, but that could be my personality.

    ReplyDelete